IMPERIAL OIL BUILDING FACILITIES MANAGEMENT FOR CANADIAN OFFICE BUILDINGS
Eight year contract started in 2006, to provide ongoing Building Facilities Management for Canadian office buildings including engineering projects of all sizes as required. J+B provided design, tendering, construction and post-construction support services that included factory and site acceptance testing and commissioning.
Corporate Office – 90 Wynford Ave, Toronto: J+B was engaged in providing design and contract administration services to upgrade the chiller system, electrical distribution, and BAS for at one Imperial Oil’s Corporate Offices in Toronto. The services included mechanical and electrical design for demolishing an existing chiller in the basement boiler room of the building and replacing it with a new 400 ton centrifugal chiller. The mechanical design work included new 400 ton centrifugal chiller, new 25HP chilled water pumps, new secondary water pumps, new water filter, new pipe work, new refrigerant leak detection monitoring, alarm and control system, expanded BAS system based on Honeywell Advanced Application Controllers, control and instrumentation cabling between field devices and BAS . Project work also included a new security system, new fire alarm and communications, lighting system improvements, power factor correction equipment, as well as new space planning and new décor.
Imperial Oil Refinery Laboratory Upgrade – Nanticoke: J+B was engaged in providing design and contract administration services to upgrade the HVAC system, electrical distribution, lighting and work stations and BAS for a product testing laboratory at Imperial Oil’s Nanticoke Refinery. The services included architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical design. The electrical design work included new outdoor 4160V switchgear, new transformers, new 600v distribution, new lighting panels, new lighting, new Building Management System for HVAC system including laboratory fume hoods, and all associated cabling. Additional work included short circuit, relay coordination and arc flash studies.
CONSULTANTS' SPECIFIC ROLES
- New Fire alarm system was designed, installed, certified and tested, and IOL staff trained on the two stage system.
- New fume hoods were installed which required additional onsite training for Lab personal.
- New BAS was designed to meet clients desire to reduce operation costs.
- Building lighting system was upgraded in various locations (photos cells, motion sensors, etc.) and payback was achieved in 3 years or less for each upgrade.
- New security systems (Card Access and CCTV Cameras) were installed c/w backup power supplies in case of power failure.
- New transformer was installed for increased power supply and reliability.
- Project management was provided from start to finish and included site training for existing client staff.
- Building permits were obtained where required and included all inspections and final closeout documents.
- Project work was completed in the evenings to minimalize office disruptions to existing client staff.
Copyright © 2020 J+B Engineering Inc.
All rights reserved.
25 Centurian Drive, Suite 201
Markham, Ontario, L3R 5N8
707 10 Avenue SW, Suite 150
Calgary, Alberta, T2R 0B3