IMPERIAL OIL - DUNCAL MILL
This project included renovation of an entire 140,000 sq. ft. building. The scope of work included renovating the exterior building envelope, bringing the roof and walls to energy conservation standards required by the Ontario Building Code, and extensive interior renovations.
J+B`s involvement as prime in this project started with the preliminary design stage and followed through all phases of planning, design, budgeting, construction and deficiency follow up. Services provided by J+B included: project management, site engineering and architectural assessment reviews and reports, architectural design and consultation, planning and budgeting, construction inspections, administration for project documentation and contractor support.
J+B provided multidisciplinary engineering design and development services, as well as architectural, building assessment, consulting, tendering, construction and administration services. Examples of renovations completed includes: new washrooms, new offices with open concept layout and system furniture, new lunch room, new server rooms and computer labs, renovation of an existing data centre, renovation of an existing electronic warehouse including the selection of new racking system and selection of appropriate power stocker lift for secure access to high shelving, renovation of three loading docks and upgrading the entire building to universal acceptability standards.
CONSULTANTS' SPECIFIC ROLES
- Arc flash study was included as part of electrical upgrade.
- Backup generator was part of design.
- Lighting system was designed with motion sensors, timers and energy saving fixtures in order to reduce clients operating costs.
- UPS design.
- Overall Power supply and reliability for future client demands.
- Parking lot layouts were redesigned to increase parking capacity, drainage and new lighting; security systems (card access and CCTV cameras).
- Installation of underground fuel storage tank for onsite backup generator.
- Project management included approval of all construction related invoices and signoff before being sent to IOL project manager for signoff.
- Space planning, move coordination, office furniture replacement were all components of additional services that were completed as per clients requests.
Copyright © 2023 J+B Engineering Inc.
All rights reserved.
25 Centurian Drive, Suite 201
Markham, Ontario, L3R 5N8
638 11th Avenue SW, Suite 200
Calgary, Alberta, T2R 0E2